Under the direction of the family physician, a nurse employed by the Lunenburg Health Service is available to provide health assistance in the home or at the Health Service office in Victoria.
Following instructions of the physician on the case, the nurse provides whatever healthcare may be necessary and teaches family members to care for the patient between her visits.
Nursing services include:
- Assisting the critically and chronically ill
- Changing sterile dressings
- Monitoring the teaching of diabetic care
- Assisting patients recently returned from the hospital
- Welfare checks following physician visits
For these and any other needs arising out of illness in the home, the Lunenburg Health Service is ready to help.